- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- PDF File
Technical Director with 7 years experience in developing animation pipeline tools and full stack web development using Python, React and Docker for 3DCG VFX and Fintech industry.
Lemon Sky Studios (2021 – Present)
- Managed a team of 4 developers, using Jira for issues tracking and implemented Kanban for visibility of ongoing tasks delivery between tech team and production staff.
- Architected and developed a web timelog report system for production artists which replaces manual email or chat messages to managers reducing average manual check and data entry of 1-2 mins to 10 secs per artist.
- Revitalised SkyChat (based on Rocket.Chat) which includes migrating several years old legacy version to the latest stable version, adding new core features specific to Lemon Sky Studios and deploying custom iOS and Android apps with working push notifications to both App Store and Google Play.
- Optimised existing in-house assets/shots publishing tools most notably speeding up single-threaded code that average around 10 mins to 5-10 secs improving feedback loops for end users.
- Managed API integration with third party services (Autodesk Shotgrid, BambooHR) and LDAP integration for Windows Active Directory to automate manual queries/entries for production and management teams.
- Dockerised projects where applicable for consistent development and deployment between technology and IT infrastructure team.
- Transitioned internal GitLab that was only accessible through intranet to GitHub for better code review collaboration with other developers that WFH.
Jewel Paymentech (2018 – 2020)
- Built REST API using Django for React app designed by frontend team.
- Developed a flexible PDF report generator using Python based on Django Template and LibreOffice Writer XML format which enables client to easily modify the appearance of the base PDF.
- Maintained 70% unit tests coverage for existing and new features which managed to catch a regression during a major code refactoring.
- Utilised TravisCI for automated deployment of new version to SIT and UAT servers running on AWS EC2 T3 instances.
Flystudio Sdn Bhd (2015 – 2017)
3DCG FX Artist
- Developed tools to automate FX and rendering tasks in Maya, 3ds Max and Houdini using Python and built-in scripting language for projects including GANTZ: O and CR Devil May Cry 4.
Multimedia University (2011 – 2014)
BA Animation and Visual Effects
The One Academy (2006 – 2009)
Diploma in Illustration
- English (Native)
- Malay (Native)
- Japanese (N5)
- Cantonese (Basic conversation)
- Programming: Python, Django, PySide2/6 (Qt for Python), React, React Native, TypeScript, CSS, Git, SQL (MySQL, Postgres), NoSQL (MongoDB)
- 3DCG VFX Animation: Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Nuke, Unreal Engine 4/5, Adobe suites including After Effects and Photoshop