Last updated: PDF Version|
Huey Yeng | 3DCG FX Artist / Software Developer | +60 18 2032722 | https://taukeke.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewel Paymentech Sdn Bhd (June 2018 – Present)
- Software Developer:
- Designing and implementing new features using Django with REST framework based on client’s requirements.
- Utilize Docker as part of the development workflow for rapid prototype testing to minimize downtime when working with multiple environments.
- Collaborate with frontend team to finalize API specifications for seamless integration between backend and frontend.
- Spearheaded the implementation of writing docstrings for internal code documentation as a guide for current and future developers.
- Actively involved in writing and updating unit tests to ensure the code functionality working per requirements.
- Familiarize with React and Node.js for occasional frontend tasks and to better understand the explanation from frontend developers during discussion.
- Participate in weekly sprint (using Jira) and daily stand-ups to synchronize with business team on the development progress.
- Additional duty as the sole graphic designer (using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) in creating marketing materials that align with the corporate identity and branding for internal and external events.
Flystudio Malaysia (June 2015 – June 2017)
June 2015 to Jan 2017
- GANTZ: O (ガンツ:オー)
- FX artist for GANTZ: O using primarily FumeFX in 3dsmax to create Smoke/Dust, RealFlow for Blood simulation and Maya for ready-made assets (e.g. Fog, Debris, Sparks).
- Optimising Vray rendering pipeline in Maya to minimise rendering time for WIP delivery to Digital Frontier (DF) Japan.
- Temporary transfer to animation team as part of MotionBuilder training for 3 weeks. Duties include cleaning up mocap data and keyframe animation through constant check back with supervisor.
- Infini-T Force (インフィニティ フォース)
- FX artist for the pilot episode of Infini-T Force using ready-made FX assets and custom in-house renderer from DF.
- CR Devil May Cry 4
- Utilise ready-made FX assets and also assist in creating FX assets for other artists to use.
- Mentoring junior FX artists in catching up with the studio’s internal pipeline to improve productivity in delivering the FX cuts.
- LiVEMAX Japan TVC
- CG Generalist covering 3D matte painting using Photoshop, Maya, Nuke and AE for a TVC project (LiVEMAX Japan). Final TVC : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUlcwjrQT0
Feb 2017 to June 2017
- King of Shadow (Malaysian CGI Movie Teaser)
- Environment Art Director and Sole Compositor for the entire 5 mins teaser.
- Duties include R&D for look dev, matte painting and compositing using Maya, Photoshop and AE.
- Delegate duties to juniors to train their skills in lighting and rendering using Vray.
- 猎兽少女 (China Movie)
- Minor role as FX artist in providing dust sim and rigid body dynamics. Also double up as Nuke artist to provide slap comp with detailed rotoscope to integrate the FX render seamlessly.
Multimedia University Cyberjaya
November 2013 – October 2015
- Guest lecture for Matte Painting Workshop focusing on preparing photography material, the execution in Photoshop to basic compositing in Nuke and After Effects.
MFX Sdn. Bhd. (https://mfx.st/)
March 2013 – June 2013
- Internship at VFX Department with a strong focus in matte painting work.
- TVC projects worked on:
- Mirinda Fun Bubbles (CHINA) – Roto/Paint/Matte Painting
- Besturn X80 (CHINA) – Roto/Paint/Matte Painting
- Chipsmore What a Ride (MALAYSIA) – Roto/Motion Graphic/Matte Painting
- DiGi Viral Internet/Deezer (MALAYSIA) – Roto/Matte Painting
- Djarum Indonesia Open 2013 (INDONESIA) – Roto/Paint
- U Mobile Mobile/Credit/Data Plan (MALAYSIA) – Roto/Paint
- Advanced: Houdini, Nuke, Maya, 3ds Max, After Effects, RealFlow, Vray, Octane Render, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Clip Studio Paint
- Intermediate: Mari, Shake, PFTrack, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Royal Render, AFANASY
- Beginner: MotionBuilder, Hiero, ZBrush, Unreal Engine 4
- Advanced: Django (with REST framework), HTML, CSS, Python, Git
- Beginner: TCL, HScript, VEX, PHP, MySQL, React, Node.js, Postgresql
- High familiarity: Ubuntu/Linux, macOS, Windows, DOS
- The Star Education Fund Scholarship Recipient:
- Bachelor Degree in Animation and Visual Effects at Multimedia University
- Diploma in Illustration and Comics at The One Academy of Communication Design
- Featured in ImagineFX’s FXPose Issue 57 and FXPose DVD Issue 52
- Image of the Day feature on ImagineFX Website (Sept 25 2009) (link unavailable due to major website redesign)
Multimedia University Cyberjaya, Malaysia 2011-2014
Bachelor Degree in Animation and Visual Effects – Second Class (Upper Division) (CGPA: 3.63)
The One Academy of Communication Design, Malaysia 2006-2009
Diploma in Illustration and Comics (CGPA 3.28)
Fluent: English, Malay
Beginner: Japanese (Hiragana/Katakana), Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
2010: Attended Double Negative Singapore 2D Workshop (August 2010) covering introduction to rotoscoping and patching in Shake.
PORTFOLIO & BLOG: https://taukeke.com