A QUICK PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BY HUEY YENG
Also YS Photo is a lousy nincompoop photography service. AVOID IT AT ALL COST. For future Multimedia University graduates, avoid it after the convocation and use alternative photography service. I recommend Foto Prime which handle the photography during my The One Academy graduation event with great professional service.
- Exploring Nuke and Hiero roundtrip workflow
- Configuring MARI settings for maximum interaction speed.
- Matte Painting 02 Demo Session for VFX & Compositing class at Multimedia University, Cyberjaya on 3rd November 2014.
- 22 October 2014 – Temporary placeholder post for my upcoming second matte painting demo at MMU Cyberjaya is up. It covers the general idea for the exercise and will be updated as more progress is made to the matte painting.
- 21 October 2014 – Noisy footages? Time to silence it using Denoise in NukeX
- 20 October 2014 – I’m experiencing connection issues to my own site so updates will be irregular until further notice.
- 14 October 2014 – Long overdue colour bit-depth and file format comparison for colour grading is long overdue.
- 10 October 2014 – Why TM sucks? Because they sucks. The oddest post ever on this site tackles the problem of setting up Unifail I mean Unifi and HyppTV on DD-WRT router.
- 07 October 2014 – Is your audio muted in Hiero? Check out this Bug of the Day post to restore Hiero voicebox.
- 05 October 2014 – Convolve or Defocus? That is a blurry question in this week Nuke Tips
- 29 September 2014 – Another weekly Nuke Tips update covering Card3D vs Card.
- 27 September 2014 – Finally sorted out Nuke Tips content into individual post. The Nuke Tips page will act as the hub for current and future posts where it will list down all tips by its published date.
- 25 September 2014 – Not really a site update but Nvidia just launched the GeForce GTX 980 and 970. Anyone looking to explore GPU based rendering such as Octane Render, this is a good time to grab one especially GTX 970 for USD $350! Much much cheaper than my GTX 780 and performs slightly faster with lower power consumption.
- 17 September 2014 – Nuke Tips page is getting much heavier in total file size every week. I’ll be arranging every tips into individual post in the near future while the page will remain as an index list to all the tips.
- 12 September 2014 – Implemented WP Super Cache to served cached file for faster page loading.
- 10 September 2014 – There will be no new post until further notice due to my current unforeseen schedule. Nuke Tips will still be updated weekly as usual. Also some plugins is not functioning correctly with WordPress 4.0 for now but it does not impact the navigation and look of the site (although some might noticed the change on this page itself).
- 05 September 2014 – Updated WordPress to 4.0. Hopefully the site is not broken in any capacity.
- 04 September 2014 – I’m currently testing out Nuke 9 Beta and also the upcoming Nuke Studio. Since The Foundry ask for beta tester to not reveal anything about the software as it is still in beta phase so I’m documenting the significant changes between version 8 and 9 together with how Nuke Studio solved the Nuke and Hiero roundtrip workflow (which I’ll get the post up by Sunday). I’ll share my beta testing experience at here when Nuke 9 and Nuke Studio officially release sometime around the end of the year.
- 31 August 2014 – The first entry to Bug of the Day will be Octane Render “Warning! Render is failed!” message for 3dsmax.
- 30 August 2014 – Bug of the Day ready to bug every tech support around the world until the bug is gone or at least admitted by the developer.
- 28 August 2014 – Shaky hands? Stabilising footage with CameraTracker in NukeX is up!
- 25 August 2014 – Officially done with my “you-never-study” aka university life! Huge thanks to The Star Education Fund for giving me opportunity to obtain both a diploma and degree certificate.
- 17 August 2014 – Nuke vs After Effects Workflow explained from my personal point of view.
- 15 August 2014 – The site has been experiencing really slow response from the hosting server. Once I get a full-time job, I’ll be migrating the site hosting to WP Engine soon.
- 14 August 2014 – Do check out Nuke Tips which will be updated at a weekly basis! It is a collection of useful tips that… well helps me a lot in my Nuke project.
- 11 August 2014 – CSS tweak with new fonts! With a tad bigger than usual font size to cater to both desktop and mobile users.
- 08 August 2014 – I’m experimenting with WordPress Related Posts plugin to add some external life to this site.
- 07 August 2014 – Totally overlooked the duplicate site title— This has been fixed so a big apology if your linked site is configured to retrieve my website title and screw up your feed.
- 05 August 2014 – Removed Adblock warning message and major Adsense tweaks to prevent layout break for true responsive site layout.
- 04 August 2014 – Backend optimisation to improve page loading speed.
- 02 August 2014 – RAM Usage in Nuke explained.
- 31 July 2014 – Rotoscoping in Nuke ready for consumption.
- 27 July 2014 – Collapse-O-Matic added to site to reduce clutter for site update archives.
- 25 July 2014 – Implemented Crayon Syntax Highlighter for easier visibility of codes block!
- 23 July 2014 – Quick introduction to using camera projection in Nuke.
- 22 July 2014 – Minor update to Image Sequence Read Speed in Nuke article.
- 19 July 2014 – Fixed small font size for codes.
- 16 July 2014 – Nuke Tips is up. It will be a growing collection of useful tips when using Nuke.
- 11 July 2014 – Revised grammar for some articles.
- 10 July 2014 – Added a not so annoying Adblock warning message. Please consider whitelisting the site! I promise no super intrusive ads!
- 07 July 2014 – I’m implementing Google Adsense and the site layout might break or not. This is something I will be monitoring in the long term.
- 06 July 2014 – Tweaking CameraTracker in NukeX tutorial is up!
- 03 July 2014 – Backend optimisation for future content.
- 01 July 2014 – Updated Workstation Specs post with description of the system after owning it for nearly a year. Also fixed minor info error and added Amazon affiliate links for each part of the workstation.
- 29 June 2014 – Revamped site SEO.
- 25 June 2014 – Minor CSS update for the font size since I find it really large on mobile screen.